Thursday, November 13, 2014

A bit of Pugilist Movember Face care?



Pugilist Brand - I got the Pre-shave Oil and the Shaving Soap, both in the Citrus Grove scent.

I've a goatee, so I'm not really doing anything for Movember this year, but did fancy a treat when my shaving soap was about finished and I've had this a few weeks now.

The boring stuff first. Package arrived quickly, in a couple of days, as pictured, in a bubble wrap envelope with the oil in a ziplock bag and a plastic shrink wrap cover over the lid. The oil container didn't have a pipette lid as the website pictures, but I don't think that's a problem. There's also a receipt and thank you type note which is a nice touch.

The pre-shave oil, it's lovely and does a great job of helping to improve the shaving experience. The scent is subtle, not to over powering like the few others that I have tried, this also applies nicely with just a few drops in the palm of your hand and rubbed onto your face, without leaving a slimy or sticky feel.

As I'm lazy and shave every other day, with a double edged blade, using Persona blades if anyone is interested, this product has been great. I'm not sure if it's entirely needed if you're shaving everyday and not a hairy monster mind, as the shaving soap is rather awesome. That said, a few weeks in and it hardly looks like I've made a dent in the bottle, so this should last quite a while so the initial cost shouldn't seem all that bad at all.


The shaving soap, loved this too. It fits a standard shaving cup/container, mine happens to be an old Crabtree and Evelyn tub. This also has a nice, yet subtle citrus scent which isn't over powering if you used a aftershave on top. This lathers up very easily and applies great. The lather doesn't get overly bubbly and keeps it's consistency on your skin for the duration of the shave, which is a balance I've not found in a few of the other soaps I've tried and something I really like about this. It's nice to get a soft feeling lather, yet still be able to see what you're doing when you shave. I've also yet to make a dent in this soap, so can see this lasting a long time too.

Another nice thing about both of these products seems to be the fairly minimalist ingredients used, sure it's a soap and chemicals are needed, but these do not seem to have an entire chemists lab used in the make up that many of the commercial brands seem to be.

The real question is, do I venture into the other scents next time, or stick with this one, that's just lovely and refreshing?

No comments: